All Saints Appeal
We are pleased to report that the Appeal Executive has now completed its work. It has come together regularly, under the enthusiastic chairmanship of Tyrone O'Sullivan, since the campaign was launched five years ago.
When we began our ambitious appeal to restore our ancient and modern parish Church we were very aware that we were doing so at a time of great global financial uncertainty.
We were also aware that raising such a large amount of money would not be possible without professional help.
So we appointed two Campaign Directors, The Very Revd. Michael Bunker and Mr. Nigel Morgan. They drew up a campaign plan which included the setting up of a number of different teams to try and raise money from the Church, the community and from trusts and grant making bodies. The team leaders made up the Appeal Executive which has overseen the campaign. Five years on we are delighted to report that have now raised a grand total of:
Thanks to your generosity and the help from HLF, Cadw and other trusts we have been able to do most of what we set out to do. The list is impressive:
- we have stopped movement in and stabilised the north wall.
- the nave and chancel have been re-roofed and made watertight
- the tower has been repaired and re-roofed
- all the rainwater goods [gutters and downpipes] have been replaced
- the porch has been rebuilt and now includes toilet and kitchen facilities
- the driveway on the north side has been tarmacked and a turning bay laid
- a new screen has been installed at the base of the tower
- a new electrical system and state of the art lighting scheme has been installed
- the boiler has been replaced with a much more energy efficient system
- upholstered chairs have replaced the old wooden seating
But there are a few things we still would like to do;
- we need to restore the high clerestory windows on the south side of the nave.
- the 140 year old clock in the tower needs to be overhauled.
- We would also like to clean up the internal Bath stone walls, paint the south aisle and restore the wood block floor
- We estimate that these three projects will cost around £20,000.
We thank our Appeal Chairman, Tyrone O'Sullivan, and our team leaders - Alan Evans [members], Les Harris [leaders], John Isaac [community], Roger Beynon [project] Murray Donald [treasurer] and Nigel Morgan & Dean Michael Bunker [trusts]. We also thank members of each team for all their hard work over the last few years.
But a very special thank you to everyone who has supported the appeal so generously. Diolch o galon.
Restoring our Church to serve the community of Mumbles